The national tax agency declared war on undeclared property rental income, a national law on IVA (VAT) was added to the tourist tax and there was a particularly unpleasant murder in Cala Millor.
The tourist tax is something to be collected by hotels and other providers of accommodation and is not related to services provided.
The government had remained silent on the matter, never having referred to what was more than just a likelihood that IVA would have to be applied.
- Storm warning in the Balearics for tomorrow..heatwave is over (for now)
- Exclusive: Joseph Fiennes visits site of new Mallorca home
- Update; British teen in Magalluf pool accident may never walk again
- 400 tourist establishments could be converted into residential accommodation
- It's going to be hotter in Mallorca this summer