Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez said at the beginning of this month that the government was working with Airbus to find ways to keep jobs in the country.
The areas of Majorca most affected are obvious - the resorts and also the centre of Palma. It is these parts of the island to which workers are most attracted.
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- A night of heavy rain and destruction in Mallorca
- Spanish fury over British paella sandwich! Follow our perfect paella recipe
- When your English is only good enough for Magalluf!
- Briton arrested for sexual advances on Liverpool flight