BALEARIC immigration offices have been swamped by an avalanche of applications for residency permits over the past two weeks ahead of the partial amnesty on hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants nationwide coming into force next month.
Local immigration offices braced for amnesty flood
Also in News
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for Thursday
- Birthday celebrations for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones