A QUICK thinking neighbour saved the life of an elderly woman in Palma on Thursday night.
The 73-year-old widow apparently left a pot cooking on the stove while she fell asleep, and it was not until her neighbour noticed billowing smoke that the alarm was raised.

Firemen and police rushed to the scene in Son Oliva.
The whole building was immediately evacuated while firemen wearing breathing apparatus broke in to the elderly woman's flat.
Thick smoke filled the whole floor of the second storey apartment but the widow was found safe and sound if a little shaken.
Firemen managed to quickly contain and extinguish the kitchen fire before it spread to the rest of the flat and neighbouring apartments.

Comments

To be able to write a comment, you have to be registered and be logged in.

* Mandatory fields

Currently there are no comments.