A ten-month-old baby and a woman aged 88 suffered smoke intoxication in a fire which broke out in a second floor flat in Calle Sureda in Palma's Soledad district. A neighbour needed medical treatment for an attack of hysteria. The fire broke out at 10.30am, and is believed to have been caused by a short circuit in a heater in the dining room. The flat owner tried to put out the fire but was forced to leave because of the smoke, which spread to three other floors. The firemen rescued a dog from the burning flat which sustained considerable material damage. The woman and baby received treatment from paramedics at the scene but did not need to go to hospital.
FIRE DESTROYS FLAT
Also in News
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for Thursday
- Birthday celebrations for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones