Hans Lenz is the director of Engel & Völkers in Mallorca and also the president of the ABINI Balearic association of national and international real estate agents. Given a strong focus on sales to foreign buyers, there are those who accuse him of having contributed to the high price of housing in the Balearics. He accepts his role in this equation but maintains that the housing crisis has deeper roots.
Foreign demand only a part of Mallorca's housing problems
Formulas needed for a type of housing that doesn't exist at present
Also in News
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- British tourist who was in a coma after attack by a Magalluf doorman
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for tomorrow