There was the normal political knockabout in the Balearic parliament on Tuesday. The spokesperson for the Partido Popular opposition, Toni Costa, accused President Armengol of living in a “parallel reality”. This was partly as a consequence of the president having been assuring the house that the tourism season was not at risk. This was despite the war in Ukraine, the rising prices and the uncertainties generated.
Parallel realities, the tourism season, war and Covid
This will therefore be unlike Easter
Also in News
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for Thursday
- Birthday celebrations for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones