A "chiringuito" beach bar has been installed in Illetes, despite Calvia town hall having been opposed. The Costas Authority gave its permission, even though the town hall had submitted a report in which it cited "technical issues" as reasons for permission being denied. The town hall adds that it has wanted to "renaturalise" the area.
Beach bar authorisation despite Calvia town hall's opposition
Also in Holiday
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma