A study by a doctor of geography and geology at the University of the Balearic Islands, Francesc Xavier Roig, has drawn into question the value of Blue Flags. His study is against the background of the Balearics now having only 27 Blue Flags; the record number was 72 in 2010. But this decrease has rarely had anything to do with beach or water quality; it's due to the fact that the award isn't applied for.
A Blue Flag makes no difference to Mallorca's beaches
The value of Blue Flags has been openly questioned in the past
Also in Holiday
- Final touches to Rafa Nadal and Mery Perelló's spectacular home in Porto Cristo
- Award-winning British actress braves the weather at home in Mallorca
- A Place in the Sun star gives Mallorca a shining endorsement
- The seven euro supermarket anti-wrinkle cream which is causing a sensation
- Scoff your ham and cheese sandwich before landing in Mallorca
To be able to write a comment, you have to be registered and logged in
Currently there are no comments.