... was an 18-year-old from Bromley who not so long ago was sitting her A Levels and now discovered that she was the US Open tennis champion. “Mind-boggling,“ said Pat Cash of Emma Raducanu’s achievement. You don’t make it through the qualifiers and then win every match without dropping a set, the one-time Wimbledon champion observed, especially not in what is only your second Grand Slam event. But Emma Raducanu did just that. There was all the stuff about how much she’ll earn and the sponsorships - and good luck to her - but the most important thing was what she achieved on the tennis court. Truly astonishing.
Mallorca's person of the week: European recovery funds & the government
Last week in the Majorca Daily Bulletin
Also in News
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for Thursday
- Birthday celebrations for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones