It was half eight on Tuesday morning. The booking-in system didn’t involve a book because it never does. My car needed attention. I’d agreed the time with my local garage the day before. They knew I’d turn up; I knew they’d be ready. A cup of coffee at a nearby bar later, and it was done. The cost was under half of what it would have been at a main dealer’s garage. I’ve used my local garage for years. I get cars there. They service them. Loyalty works both ways.
Comment: In praise of the local trader
Covid has been just one of their problems. They don’t need more.
Also in News
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for Thursday
- British tourist who was in a coma after attack by a Magalluf doorman