Friends in the UK tell me how it is becoming impossible to pay for anything in cash anymore. It all began around the time of the pandemic, partly for hygiene reasons, and the habit has stayed in place. Of course, governments globally have embraced the no-cash culture as it means that everyone’s finances can be rigorously monitored and no one can get away with cash jobs or tax avoidance. A dream ticket for catching those operating below the line.
It’ll take some time for the no-cash culture to catch on in the rural areas of Mallorca...
Also in News
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma