All of a sudden ruling parties at both local and national level in Spain are flush with public funds which, for the most part, are being hastily spent of pretty hare-brained schemes. Inside sources have told me in Palma that the current administration is not only trying to buy as many votes as possible with a range of new investment projects but also trying to spend all of the money so should it lose the local elections at the end of May, the new administration will find the coffers empty.
Splashing the cash
It’s election time in Spain and there is suddenly no shortage of cash.
Also in News
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma