Retail sales in August in the Balearics increased by more than the national average: they were up 3.4% over August 2014, according to figures from the National Statistics Institute. This was the fifth highest regional growth in the country, Valencia having been out in front with 6.1%, followed by the Madrid community with 6%. Employment also grew in the retail sector by 2%, the third highest, with Valencia again coming first (up 2.7%).
Steady increase in Balearic retail sales
Also in News
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Mallorca village “the most beautiful place in the world” but which?
- Don't miss what's available in this week's Classifieds!
- How you can beat the 90 day rule in Spain but you will need a job or plenty of cash