The day of Sant Antoni is more subdued than Sant Antoni Eve, but there are still some demons around and even the odd fire-run. But the day is most noted for the blessings of animals - Sant Antoni is the patron of the protection of animals - and these occur all over the island. Some of these blessings are grander events than others, with floats and other attractions, but they are greatly anticipated by pet owners, farmers and others.
Fairs and Fiestas
Blessings, pine-climbing and more demons: Sant Antoni Day
Also in News
- British residents unable to drive in Spain from Friday, licence exchange process still flawed
- One of the world’s largest super yachts went "missing" after leaving Mallorca
- Taylor Swift jets in for Mallorca wedding
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!
- Eyewitness account when two planes collided on the tarmac at Palma airport in Mallorca