Spending by foreign tourists in the Balearics last year rose by more than 6% and totalled 11,012 million euros. This increase was, according to the national tourism ministry's latest Egatur report on tourist expenditure, below a national average increase of 6.8%. However, that figure was skewed by performance in Andalusia. The rise there was 10.7%, the highest in the country. The Balearics, though below the national average, still registered the second highest increase after Andalusia.
Balearics registered second highest tourist spend increase in 2015
Also in News
- EasyJet flight intercepted by fighter as it heads to Balearic airspace
- Irish tourist serious after Santa Ponsa hotel balcony fall
- German tourists, waiters "held" Vietnamese artists until police arrived
- Masks could be reintroduced in Spain's top holiday destinations
- Delays in Palma because of easyJet strike