A Romanian gang is behind the presence of well over fifty beggars in Palma. Also Romanian and of Romani ethnicity, the beggars generally suffer from some form of disability and operate on the streets, at traffic lights and outside supermarkets. This "mafia" is said to control around 95% of beggars in the city; only two or three of them are Spanish.
Romanian "mafia" controlling Palma's beggars
Also in News
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma