It's the same story as last year. Thousands of hire cars are being shipped to the Balearics, but the regional tourism ministry won't know for sure how many. Given what shipping companies are saying, though, an estimate of 90,000 is being put on the total. This figure brings with it warnings of Majorca's roads being jammed with hire cars. It was the case last summer, however, that not all of these vehicles ever left their car parks: there were too many of them.
Too many hire cars in Majorca again
Also in News
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- U.S. super model takes refuge in Mallorca after being linked with Brad Pitt
- Opening next year on Mallorca. The new super luxury resort