As expected, the no-confidence motion against Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy has been passed. Pedro Sánchez of PSOE is the new prime minister, he having led the motion and secured it with the help of Unidos Podemos and a collection of nationalist parties. Crucial to the success of the motion was the decision of the PNV Basque nationalists to back Sánchez. Their votes tipped the balance, a majority of 176 having been needed.
Rajoy falls, Sánchez is the new prime minister
Also in News
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- U.S. super model takes refuge in Mallorca after being linked with Brad Pitt