As expected, the no-confidence motion against Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy has been passed. Pedro Sánchez of PSOE is the new prime minister, he having led the motion and secured it with the help of Unidos Podemos and a collection of nationalist parties. Crucial to the success of the motion was the decision of the PNV Basque nationalists to back Sánchez. Their votes tipped the balance, a majority of 176 having been needed.
Rajoy falls, Sánchez is the new prime minister
Also in News
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma