A Swedish tourist was arrested last week for having used social media to suggest that he was going to bomb a plane. The Guardia Civil were able to establish the location of the tourist, who was staying at a hotel in Alcudia, and to figure out that the message he had posted - which was in English - had probably been written with the help of Google Translate.
Tourist fined for plane bomb hoax
Also in News
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma