Researchers at the University of the Balearic Islands have developed a method that is capable of monitoring and absorbing contaminants in water. In his doctoral thesis, Mateo del Río, part of the chemical materials research group, presented a system of magnetic properties from the MOF-74 metal-organic framework which, when combined with carbon porosity and metal-organic functionality in water, can extract contaminants such as microplastics or colourants used by the textile industry.
University scientists develop method of extracting water contaminants
Also in News
- Massive security operation for Christmas in Mallorca
- Michael Douglas has a fortune of 350 million dollars, Mallorca home is one of his key assets
- Mallorca security services on red alert for Spain-Morocco World Cup clash
- Ex-Ukrainian professional cyclist arrested in Mallorca
- Lady Di was planning on buying a house in Mallorca