The first week to ten days was like being in the middle of a war zone. We lacked the necessary equipment and facilities for Covid-19 patients. The beds were full, so were the trolleys and chairs, we had patients having to be attended on the floor,” says Lucía Sesma Ventura, who was born and raised in Palma and is now on the front line fighting the coronavirus in the first hospital in Madrid which went into 100 per cent mode as soon as the virus hit the capital.
"It was like a war zone": on the Covid front line in Madrid
Also in News
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma