Whether light and clear or rich and thick, soup always satisfies the soul, and for me, the subtle flavours, mild spicing and intense flavours of Asia always hit the spot. One of my favourites is Laksa, a rich, spicy and tangy coconut broth packed with noodles, vegetables and a whole range of other ingredients – it’s easy to see why laksa is one of the region’s most popular exports. This dish has its roots in Malaysia, and is great to serve to both meat lovers and vegetarians, as you can easily omit any meat and replace it with tofu. This noodle soup is a complete meal in one bowl. The final addition of cooling herbs such as coriander and mint are an essential part of any spicy soup. Exploring the differing varieties of mint is interesting – spearmints, Moroccan mints and other garden varieties.
Sweet, sour, spicy and delicious...
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma