Dear Sir, hundreds of animal lovers must have been dismayed by the crisis facing the animal shelter and its hapless residents and every one, it seems, is wracking their brains to find ways of raising money to save them. Watching TV the other night I noticed that in the UK the Pets Dispensary for Sick Animals is running a scheme in which people are invitd to adopt a dog. Not adopt in the sense of taking it home with them but simply undertaking to make a regular contribution to its board and lodging and paying it the occasional visit if desired.
A new form of adoption may save the day
Also in Holiday
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- Balearic alert as Britons start to put the brakes on international holidays
- Steven McManaman sells the family home in Mallorca
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!