The leader of the Council of Majorca, Maria Antonia Munar, has proposed to limit the number of immigrants coming to the Balearics in search of employment and a better life. She said that a quota system should be introduced. Munar's nationalist views appear to be growing and sometimes you feel that she has a little islander vision of Majorca.
Feeling at home
Also in Holiday
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- U.S. super model takes refuge in Mallorca after being linked with Brad Pitt