The election year has begun. In less than twelve months Majorcan voters will have to decide once again who they want to run their local town councils, the island councils and the Balearic government. People who follow the Spanish local politics will find that the press is already showing that all is not well in courts of Spain (instead of King George) where there are many unholy pacts to keep mayors and autonomous presidents in power. Different parties are already marking their territory, putting a little, or a lot of distance between their policy line and that of their partners. You can see that happening already on Majorca.
Also in Holiday
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- U.S. super model takes refuge in Mallorca after being linked with Brad Pitt