One of the problems about assessing the state of American public opinion on President Bush's policies towards Iraq is the absence of a leader of the opposition to focus criticism and dissent. Although more people voted for Al Gore than for George W Bush in November 2000, he has been almost invisible since the notorious vote counting in Florida took the presidential prize away from him. Under the American system opposition to the Administration becomes the responsibility of Senators and Congressmen in Washington DC once the Presidential fight has been decided.
Gore speaks out
Also in Holiday
- EasyJet adds two new UK-to-Mallorca routes for 2024
- Two more Michelin stars for Mallorca
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in "keeping a second home in Spain will no longer be viable."
- One million Brits would benefit from 90-day rule being scrapped in Spain
- Police chase ends with arrest of one of Mallorca's most dangerous criminals