Chris Christie, the Republican Governor of New Jersey, who showed an unaccustomed political generosity of spirit by his praise of President Obama's outstanding performance in the Sandy hurricane crisis. Christie has been a fierce critic of the Democratic President on other matters but did not hesitate to tell the world what a good job he had done in helping the stricken New Jersey State. Christie was on Mitt Romney's short list for the Vice-Presidency candidature; his future with the Republicans may be uncertain but his reputation as someone who can rise above party politics has grown immensely.
Person of the week....
Also in Holiday
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- Bank clerk accused of stealing foreigner´s two million euro fortune in Palma
- Yes, it does snow in Spain...even in September!
- New Nomad visa could result in surge of foreign families moving to the island
- Mallorca-loving Emily is the hottest thing on the planet, says Brad Pitt