For Justin Welby, the Bishop of Durham, who has been named to succeed Rowan Williams as the 105th Archbishop of Canterbury. With a first career in the oil business he seemed an unlikely candidate, especailly since he had been Bishop of Durham for less than a year, but his personal qualities and record since being ordained in 1992 , including his support for women priests, obviously carried the day. Indeed one perhaps slightly cynical observer said that having been a Bishop for only seven months would be a distinct advantage.
Three cheers for
Also in Holiday
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- U.S. super model takes refuge in Mallorca after being linked with Brad Pitt
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"