To plans to downgrade the British Consulate in Palma to Vice Consulate status with no dedicated Consul solely for the Balearics. The announcement this week has caused an outcry. Under new plans the Balearics will now come under the control of the Consul General in Barcelona. A second Vice Consull will be appointed for Majorca. However, for the first time in many years the Balearics will not have a full time British Consul based in Palma. Obviously the British community is not impressed.
A big boo....
Also in Holiday
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for Thursday
- British tourist who was in a coma after attack by a Magalluf doorman