Dear Sir, AS one of those hit by the extortionate increase in the price of electricity, highlighted by Kate Mentink yesterday, I was astounded at the surcharge imposed by Gesa for using too much electricity! This amounted to more than a quarter of the total some SIXTY EUROS extra. As one who is totally dependent on electricity, (we have no gas) and whose wife is minusvalido semi-disabled, and needing to be kept warm over this coldest of winters, I am appalled that we should be penalised, for what?!! I shall certainly be one who confronts Gesa at their Santa Ponsa office to demand a refund. My thanks to Kate Mentink for exposing this diabolical affair, but the Balearic Government should also make Gesa see reason and justice, especially at this moment in time when we are being hit with a falling Sterling that has reduced pensions by up to 40 percent.
Also in Holiday
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- U.S. super model takes refuge in Mallorca after being linked with Brad Pitt
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister