...for French President Nicolas Sarkozy who during a visit to Rwanda to acknowledge France's grave errors of judgement at the time of the 1994 Rwandan genocide in which more than 800'000 people were killed. Mr Sarkozy spoke of France's form of blindness to not have seen the genocidal dimensions of the former Hutu government which it supplied with arms. We want to turn a page said Sarkozy, recognising that France has lost influence in Rwanda, even to the extent that English not French is now the country's second language.
Also in Holiday
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- Bank clerk accused of stealing foreigner´s two million euro fortune in Palma
- Yes, it does snow in Spain...even in September!
- New Nomad visa could result in surge of foreign families moving to the island
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update