l THE two men above both served in Bomber Command during the Second World War and both applied for the new Bomber Command medal or clasp announced by Prime Minister David Cameron. Both Phil Green and Bill Wetton live in Majorca and their application to the Ministry of Defence has been declined. There appears to be some confusion over the clasp but so far it has just raised the expectations of two elderly gentlemen and then dashed them very harshly. This is an outrageous state of affairs. Thankfully in the case of Phil Green, Member of Parliament Roger Gale has interved and taken the matter to the Prime Minister. Hopefully, these two will get their clasps.
PERSON OF THE WEEK
Also in Holiday
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for Thursday
- British tourist who was in a coma after attack by a Magalluf doorman