After recently acquiring the excellent book Birdwatching in Mallorca by the late Eddie Watkinson, I was intrigued by a mention on page forty four to Christopher Columbus and Castel de Santauri. Majorca has certainly had a turbulent history and seen invasions by the Romans and Moors to name a few – both of whom have left history and landmarks right across the island. But I was surprised to learn that in Porto Colom there is a museum dedicated to the great explorer Christopher Columbus.
The Conquest of Paradise
Also in Holiday
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma