Captain Christopher Hezelgrave, skipper of 42-metre Unforgettable, has passed away. The 60-year-old tested positive for COVID-19 mid-July and his condition gradually deteriorated until he was placed on a ventilator in ICU. He died on 10 August. First Mate Marco described Christopher as being ‘active’, ‘very fit’, and ‘healthy’. He also said he ‘loved sports’ and was ‘quite a fighter’. Christopher’s death sent waves of sorrow around the yachting industry, and served as a poignant reminder of the impact the virus continues to have on our lives.
Boat Show "Canneselled"
Also in Holiday
- Class at Palma school sent home for displaying the Spanish flag
- Property sales tax could rise by as much as 50 percent in Spain
- Amber Heard helps put Mallorca on the global map
- Spain gives insight into some of the requirements for Nomad visa. Life in the sun awaits
- Just passed his test, and four times over the limit