I was once asked why a street in Alcudia was called Carrer 24 de Febrer. The 23rd, well that would be clear enough (probably), as it was the day of the attempted coup in 1981. But the 24th? There were two guesses that I hazarded. One was that it was the date when the coup finished; the other had to do with a miracle.
The mystery of the Portuguese attack of 1415
In August 1415, John I of Portugal led his forces in invading Ceuta in north Africa
Also in Holiday
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in "keeping a second home in Spain will no longer be viable."
- Fury in Spain over M&S's Chorizo/paella croquetas
- Boom in foreign real estate agencies in Mallorca's towns is over
- Mallorcan shot dead in Brazil was "executed"
- Calling all Santas! Mass gathering in Palma on Saturday: Xmas What's On