Take a walk into the Albufera reserve, and apart from the tall Pines on your left and the wide open Canal Siurana on your right, the next thing you will notice that really stands out are the Giant Reed, growing tall, and making a ‘whooshing’ sound as the wind passes through the tall, upright stems. The Giant Reed (Arundo donax) is a perennial cane of the so called ‘reed species. It enjoys several other names such as Elephant Grass, Spanish Cane (one of my favourite names), Wild Cane and the more commonly known name, Giant Reed.
Moustaches in the Spanish Canes
The next time you visit the Albufera, stand next to a Giant Reed
Also in Holiday
- One person seriously injured after a boat explodes in Mallorca
- Anger over luxury yacht in Mallorca
- Let there be light, government office in Palma breaks government energy blackout!
- Spiderman hotel thief caught robbing guests while they slept in Mallorca
- Barack Obama's favourite super yacht returns to Mallorca