With spring in the air it’s time to enjoy the asparagus season once again. For some, asparagus has always been a bit of an elitist vegetable and a symbol of epicurean taste; it was thought to of originated in the eastern Mediterranean region and was cultivated by the Romans and Greeks as long ago as 200bc.
White, green…or purple?
Growing wild throughout the Mediterranean, asparagus loves secluded hedgerows and undisturbed country roads
Also in Holiday
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma