There is a loud tweeting coming from the inside of Izzy Newman’s house when I arrive. “Don’t mind Nugget,” she says breezily as I enter the kitchen and spy a big cage on the floor. “He’s only here for another week or so” she explains as I gaze down at a three week old chicken pecking at the tiles. “Erm, right.” “Are you okay with snakes?” she asks. “Erm…” I quickly look back down at the floor. “He’s here somewhere, Monty, the python”. A chicken called Nugget, and a python called Monty, that sums up Izzy’s sense of humour right there.
"I feel grateful every day"
Meet Izzy Newman, long time resident and one of Mallorca's finest entertainers
Also in Holiday
- Class at Palma school sent home for displaying the Spanish flag
- Property sales tax could rise by as much as 50 percent in Spain
- Palma nightlife - Close at midnight or move to the industrial estates
- President Armengol comes to the defence of teacher in Spanish flag affair
- 35% of Balearics homes bought in the third quarter were by foreigners