Dear Sir, neither the Swiss nor the USA pay import taxes when taking their cars from state ot state. Why should we Europeans? What can we do?
As with all taxes, one may appeal. This is a recognised if bureaucratic procedure. A Gestor or lawyer can help. Appeals against arbitrary import taxes should be sent to the Customs and Excise Authorities in Palma quoting: “EC Change of Residence tax allowance for European Citizens/Exemption from Import Taxes” according to EC Directive Legislation 83/183/CEE. ” This appeal applies regarding refunds if this tax has already been paid. In a democracy a healthy scepticism towards Big Government is not just our right but a continuous duty. We and our kids will get the European Community we deserve.

Dr G Bonsall, Puerto Alcudia.


To be able to write a comment, you have to be registered and be logged in.

* Mandatory fields

Currently there are no comments.