Here is another example of why broad coalition governments, especially those involving extremists - whichever way they choose to bat - struggle to work and agree on anything concrete. The tourist tax has been reintroduced and may even be doubled next year. It was to help protect Majorca from the pressure of mass tourism and fund environmental projects and improve the region’s infrastructure. Or this is what we were led to understand when it was brought back into force.
The green zone
Also in News
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- U.S. super model takes refuge in Mallorca after being linked with Brad Pitt