The Spanish government appears to be edging towards victory in the dispute over Catalonia and unless there is a major upset in the election there next month, then the crisis is effectively over. The parties who favour independence appear to have lost support while the unionist political parties have gained support at their expense, meaning that Madrid could get the outcome in December it so badly wants: victory by pro-union parties. The pro-independence movement appears to be in complete disarray; leaders have been imprisoned and other have left the country. Also, it looks unlikely that the pro-independence block will be formed again.
Also in News
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma