Rather than putting more police officers on patrol or trying to make the local police force more effective, the Palma city council has announced that they would be offering local taxi drivers free personal defence classes. Over the last few years there has been a big increase in the number of attacks on taxi drivers and obviously local cabbies are concerned. One driver told me that he had a knife placed at his throat and another recounted how she had been robbed by three minors.
Also in News
- A night of heavy rain and destruction in Mallorca
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Spanish fury over British paella sandwich! Follow our perfect paella recipe
- When your English is only good enough for Magalluf!
- Work from home in Spain with a new five year VISA and you even get tax breaks!