Carles Puigdemont has been rather quiet of late as he enjoys his life in self-imposed exile in Belgium, but over the weekend he dropped a new bombshell. It was announced that he intends to run in the 26 May European Parliament elections as the leading candidate of Junts per Catalunya (JxCat). "It is the moment to make another step to internationalize the self-determination right of Catalonia from Europe’s heart to all the world," Puigdemont said on Twitter. However, there is a flaw in this. He may get elected but he could also get arrested or deceive all those who may vote for him.
The Puigdemont show
Also in News
- A night of heavy rain and destruction in Mallorca
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Spanish fury over British paella sandwich! Follow our perfect paella recipe
- When your English is only good enough for Magalluf!
- Work from home in Spain with a new five year VISA and you even get tax breaks!