The Partido Popular was once upon a time considered to be a centre.right party, then it became dubbed the corrupt party and now it is gaining a new reputation for becoming a far-right party as it scraps with Vox for the same votes. This week its leader, Pablo Casado, has been branded a "racist and fascist" and he unveiled one of the PP's plans to tackle immigration if they should form part of a coalition government. The PP's latest idea is that pregnant illegal immigrants will be able to avoid deportation by giving their baby up for adoption.
PP lurch to the far right
Also in News
- A night of heavy rain and destruction in Mallorca
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Work from home in Spain with a new five year VISA and you even get tax breaks!
- When your English is only good enough for Magalluf!
- Spanish fury over British paella sandwich! Follow our perfect paella recipe