If a part of you dies every time you see the letters LOL or OMG you may wish to read a favourite book of mine entitled How Not To Talk Like A Complete Moron. I blame a number of factors in the corruption of the Queens English, however the majority of my scorn should be heaped upon our American cousins, who let’s face it, have never had the ear to appreciate the beauty of the English language and as I’m looking for someone, anyone, to blame - they will do nicely. Frankly, I don’t have the space in this column to list all the Americanisms that I rail against, but I have noticed one that is infecting everyday language. I have become aware of the fact that some people find it almost impossible to open a sentence without uttering the word - ‘So’.
So - please mind you language will you?
Also in News
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma