The coronavirus crisis facing the United Kingdom could offer hundreds, if not thousands, of military veterans with an opportunity to play another vitally important role in saving and protecting lives. Over the years, through my involvement with the Not Forgotten Association, which is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year, although not as it would have liked since all garden parties at Buckingham Palace have been cancelled, I have met numerous veterans of conflicts dating back to the Falklands who are more than capable of stepping up to the plate and assisting the authorities in this time of need.
Turn to military veterans
Also in News
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma