“You cant airbrush history. Everyone should have their say…” There is a monument in the Sa Faxina Park in Palma to the crew of the Spanish navy cruiser, Baleares, which was sunk by Republican forces during the Spanish Civil war. Part of the money for the monument was raised by people in the nearby district of Santa Catalina. It is probably one of the biggest Franco-era monuments in Palma.
Also in News
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma