THE Three Kings arrived in Majorca yesterday by boat from the Orient and paraded through the streets of Palma showering children with sweets. Thousands of people watched the parade which started at the Paseo Segrera and ended at the Paseo de Mallorca. The thousands of children who lined the streets of Palma to see the Three Kings were not disappointed yesterday evening. Appetites were whetted by the fireworks display which heralded their arrival by sea at Paseo Sagrera. This year, the Three Kings rode in state on camels instead of one of the 18 colourful floats which made up the parade, that lasted for nearly two hours and ended in the Paseo Mallorca. Many of the floats had themes based on fairy tales or on films, such as Star Wars. A lot of imagination had gone into preparing the parade, during which tons of sweets were thrown at spectators. Several bands and people in fancy dress accompanied the floats.
THREE KINGS RECEIVE TUMULTUOUS WELCOME
Also in News
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- New Nomad visa could result in surge of foreign families moving to the island
- Yes, it does snow in Spain...even in September!
- Home sharing takes off in Mallorca as the cheap alternative to owning a property