THE English Concert, conducted by Trevor Pinnock, will perform the Passion According to St Matthew by Bach at the church of Sant Francesc in Palma on April 8 (Easter Saturday). This will be the climax to a series of concerts dedicated to Bach, organised by the La Caixa Foundation. The soloists with The English Concert will be Howard Crook and Raimund Nolte, with the Balearic University choir conducted by Joan Company and the Joventuts Musicals Youth Choir, conducted by Concepció Oliver. The concert is one of seven recitals, six of which are dedicated to Bach to commemorate the 250th anniversary of his death. Details of the concerts and other recitals organised by the La Caixa Foundation were announced yesterday by Maricarmen Palma, who heads the Foundation's music department. She was accompanied by the bank's director general in the Balearics, Guillem Pont, and Jaume Martorell, the Foundation's director in the Balearics.
The English Concert marks climax of Bach recitals
Also in News
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- New Nomad visa could result in surge of foreign families moving to the island
- Yes, it does snow in Spain...even in September!
- Home sharing takes off in Mallorca as the cheap alternative to owning a property